Sharif University of Technology-International Campus-Kish Island
Kish Nonprofit-Nongovernmental Higher Education Institute was established on Kish Island in 1995 with an official permit from the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology (MSRT) and SUT was entrusted with its management in 2004. The policy of increasing the number of international programs aiming to attract international students led to launching joint programs with Monash University in Australia and Multimedia University (MMU) in Malaysia. Following the official transfer of Kish University to SUT in 2009, the education and research activity of SUT-International Campus aiming to develop higher education in Iran continued. Admission to the Campus can be made either by submitting a direct application or through the nationwide university entrance examination at undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels in various engineering and management majors.
- Attracting talented students
- Developing the country’s educational capacity at international level
- Training specialized and committed human resources in accordance with international standards
- Creating a chance for the talented of the Islamic World to study in a cultural atmosphere of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- All classes are held at SUT International Campus.
- International students need no visa to enter the island.
- The medium of instruction is English except a number of general courses for Iranian students
- Educational rules are based on the general rules of MSRT and SUT.
- Based on the General Active Service Law, a request for educational exemption will be made for Iranian male students after registration.
- Permanent or provisional transfer to SUT or any other university is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Based on the permits obtained from the MSRT, a degree certificate from SUT International Campus will be awarded to all graduates.
- Civil Engineering
- Information Technology Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering (Earthquake)
- Civil Engineering (Structure)
- Civil Engineering (Environment)
- Digital Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology (Communication and Computer Networks)
- Industrial Engineering (System and Productivity Management)
- Mechanical Engineering (Applied Mechanics)
- Mechanical Engineering (Energy Conversion)
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Nano-Technology (Nano Materials)
- Management (MBA)
- Computer Engineering
- Civil Engineering (Earthquake and Structure)
- Materials Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Each Semester Fees include Registration Fees and Tuition Fees.
- Programs fees do not include additional costs such as accommodation, transportation, food, books, and other student expenses.
- The national currency equivalent will be calculated based on the exchange rate released by the Iranian Central Bank. Further information is available on the university website.
|Fees in Euros||Undergraduate||Graduate||PhD|
|Per Lab Credit||180||198||400|
|Per Prerequisite Credit||60||66||-----|
|Per Project Credit||-----||300||400|
|Comprehensive Exam (PhD)||-----||-----||900|
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Information regarding the minimum entry requirements for undergraduate, graduate or doctoral programs is available on the university website.
- Applications could be made by post or online for both fall and winter intakes. Further information is available on the university website.
- The Campus has two separate schools of Science and Engineering and Management. The schools are responsible for not only providing the necessary educational facilities such as classrooms equipped with audio-visual facilities but also planning, managing and developing educational programs at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Having well-equipped language laboratories, the Campus Language Center has made it possible for university students, employees, and university professors to learn foreign languages such as English, French, Spanish and German. Moreover, TOEFL tests are administered by the center and international students can register for Persian Courses for Speakers of Other Languages.
- A conference hall with 300 seats, another with 80 seats, and a Virtual Learning Hall (VLH), with a capacity of 30 seats meet not only the educational and cultural needs of the Campus, but also those of the other universities and cultural and social institutes. All these halls are of high quality facilities and are equipped with such as sound, lighting and video recording. Simultaneous virtual teaching is possible at the VLH.
- Not only can the International Campus students have access to scientific databases that are available at SUT, but also they can enjoy the library resources, including more than 30,000 Persian and Latin copies, 30 domestic and international journals and more than 500 theses at postgraduate levels to carry out research projects.
- This department has 3 separate computer sites, highly equipped with the state-of-the-art technology. It also provides wideband Internet services at the campus and dormitories.
- Information Technology Center
- Health Center
- Copy Center
Knowledge-based Companies and Advanced Technologies Incubator Center
- With regard to SUT’s polices on research and advanced technology, aiming to influence the region’s developments, convert knowledge into wealth and commercialize research findings, the Center for Knowledge-based Companies and Advanced Technologies Incubator was established in July 2011 at this Campus. This center has welcomed 5 active companies in advanced technologies in the first phase.
Cultural and Extracurricular Activities
- As well as offering academic programs and courses, the Campus provides various cultural, sports and recreational programs and organizes extracurricular courses aiming to provide students with a chance to participate in cultural and social activities.
Public Learning Center (PLC)
- PLC offers short-term training courses such as English, French, Spanish, specialized software, accountancy and IELTS and TOFLE preparation courses to the public.
Contact with the Campus
Campus Postal Address:
Sharif University Technology-International Campus
Amir Street-Sanaee Street
Postal Code: 79417-76655
Tel: + 98 (0764) 44 22299
Fax: +98 (0764) 44 21635
Tehran Office Postal Address:
Sharif University of Technology-Azadi Street
Postal Code: 11155-8639
Tel: +98 (021) 66 165041-2
Fox: +98 (021) 66 022754